Thursday, March 10, 2011

keepin' it simple: be careful when taking on the whole world!

I share many traits with my loyal clients. Im assuming that's what makes me relatable to them and therefore our biz/friend relationship one of longevity. Its safe to say we share good traits such as a respectable work ethic (both fit wise and career) and good senses of humor (NO ONE takes themselves too seriously). Its also a good bet to say we share the tendency to try and take on the whole world. Do it all. Be a super human. And make it look easy.

Last week my streak of wonderwomanism came to a screeching hault. All within a few days I'd spaced appointments more times than I have in my 11 years of training. I'd fallen behind on my endurance athletes' written workouts (which I never do). I'd ran late to any and all obligation by at least 5 min (again...never).

Clearly these mishaps are a byproduct of the take-over-the-worlder's over flow. Over flow of tasks, emotions, goals and on and on. All the extra had to go somewhere and in my case I must have left my mind on the treadmill or at my son's swim lesson. Now this happens to the best of everyone. I will NEVER judge the wonderwomans or worldwarriors. All I can do is applaud those individuals for their tenacity and beg of them to strive to maintain balance in their crazy existence.

Last week I caught myself lecturing an individual about 'a commitment to post exercise rehab routines' and in the same day I spaced a stretch appointment for a dear, loyal client who needed my help more than ever.

Please, please....overachievers of the world...keep it simple. If you poor 40 gram protein shake into a shot glass, valuable content is going to spill over. Focus on making a single task quality. Be present, get out of autopilot, and make your worldly difference through quality, not total world domination at all times all day. Because boy....the spacey weeks are a drag!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment