Sunday, February 20, 2011

Breakfast Quinoa! Bet you've NEVER thought to try quinoa like this!

FYI Quinoa is a perfect protein.  And it's delicious.  What is it exactly?  I have no idea.  Some sort of grain maybe.  That's not my field.  My field is in eating it (fueling).  And quinoa fits the fuel bill being both great carb and perfect protein.  Try this recipe from awesome Lululemon clothing rep, Melissa, and you will never look back at your boring oatmeal. 

1/3 cup quinoa
1/3 cup water
Boil the water add the quinoa and reduce to simmer
Cook about 15 min until all the water is absorbed
Fluff with a fork
This is where the fun begins:
I add whatever I've got or what I'm in the mood for
-raw honey & a little soy milk
-fresh berries
- 1/3 cup trail mix - my favorite one is from Whole Foods it has nuts, dried fruits, & a little dark chocolate, the perfect combo  :-)
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment