Thursday, February 10, 2011

How to get your veggies in and stop making it a big deal...

I live a life where the time to cook does not exist. I have to make the time and I hate it. I love good, healthy, diverse food, but cooking can be a hassle amidst an already insane schedule. Especially cooking vegetables!

So here's a solution I've found to simplify my love/hate relationship with veggies and its all love now.

First we make the cooking medium easy. Roasting. Plan on one pan, one oven, one temperature of 350. Then go to grocery store and go nuts buying all sorts of different colored veggies (onions and garlic make anything taste better, hint).

Chop veggies sloppy and don't take more than 4 min because that's more time than we have in this life for this stuff. Then mix in large bowl with seasoning, olive oil, and whatever else you feel necessary.
Put beautiful, fresh, multicolored veggie mixture in a casserole dish and roast at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min. If you like, 10 min into roasting, sprinkle in some feta cheese.

Make a ton of this. Keep it as a staple in your fridge at all times. Add it to a burger, brown rice and ideally some quinoa (perfect protein). You can also eat it cold having thrown on a little balsamic and oil as a delicious, easy leftover dish.

This has been my base for so many meals. I also often soften some sweet potato chunks then add that to the mix before roasting.

Perfect food. Easy. Satisfying. Healthy. Fuel. Do it and stop making a big deal out of cooking veggies!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment