Monday, August 22, 2011

Golfing with Mike at Callaway!

It took 2 seconds for me to become addicted.....nothing satisfies like the WHACK of a golf ball, boy!

My son and I had our very first golf lesson with Mike the golf pro at Callaway Golf next to Town Square and my son and I now are also pros.  Or so how I see it.  Pros such as myself can actually HIT the ball now and understand the biomechanics and beauty of sending that sucker fly.  Pros such as my 4 year old, Luke, keep their attention on the golf task at hand for more than 6 seconds and hold the instructor's hand (Mike his new best friend) on the way to getting the next set of clubs. 

Mike is magic.  His instruction is impeccably fueled by:  Patience, kindness, humility, and flexibility. I watched closely as Mike introduced my son to his new way to hit something (oh great).  He immediately figured out that there's only so much info Luke can take before he does his own thing.  So Mike let him.  And I held myself down to the bench in an attempt to keep my micromanaging self from running up to my son and making his feet "straight" and hands "one on top." The result of Mike's flexibilty and Luke's creative style made for what I thought was the impossible:  Luke engaged in something relatively organized while taking instruction.....and liking it.  He can't wait for his next lesson with "his Mike." 

And I can't wait to hit that thing again and give being a golf pro a try.  Or at least use it as a focus/meditational tool.  I can sincerely tell you that while focusing on all the moons and stars that are your biomechanics that need to align before you make that undeniably satisfying ball/club contact; I'm not thinking about any other garbage in my life.  I'm addicted.  And I'd like to share it with you. 

Call or email Mike for your lesson.  He's amazing.  If you're interested we can maybe work out a group lesson.  You can laugh how I'm soooooo out of my gym/triathlon element and the farthest thing from a pro (self proclaimed) and how I cheer myself on even for the crappiest hit that rolls along the ground.  Mike 702 578 7270 canmdgolf@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment